Muhitin İngilizce Pratik Platformu 🧐

(Xάος) #368

Well, my all time favorite is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood but it’s an anime. Although I am pretty sure that animes are considered as tv show too :thinking: We did a fmab watching event on muhit also, maybe you have seen it :upside_down_face:

(Umur) #369

I doubt that fact… But Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a great anime. Just I don’t consider it as a tv show. Since there’s no real actors etc.

(Xάος) #370

Well if you check the MAL(its like imdb of animes) there are sections like movies, specials etc. and “tv shows” is one of that sections so :thinking: Also, it’s a show that streams on tv so I don’t see why animes can not be considered as “tv show”.

(Umur) #371

Like I said… There are no real actors, no real camera, no real directors(yeah i said that). So in my eyes, yeah anime is great and all but not really a tv show. No.

(LastHorseBender) #372

Animes are ÇİZGİFİLM LuL

(Umur) #373

No. God no…

Animes are animes. That’s that. Cartoons are usually made for kids, animes are traditional Japanese cartoons that are made for all ages. That little difference makes anime something else than just cartoon. But still, not a tv show.

(Xάος) #374

there are very skilled voice actors. (and actresses o.c.)

okay but animating stuff kinda replaces that.

come on man, show some respect.

I don’t think “your eyes” are the authority here, I am wondering what’s the official term for this :smile:

but animes aren’t?? come on :smile:

(Umur) #375

Voice actors are not real actors.

Animating stuff and using a camera are very different things. One requires a lot of talent the other on the other hand, requires computer programs.

What? It is true… No matter what the “director” says at the end of the day, it’s always at the hands of the animators. So, the director doesn’t do much here…

In my eyes is a term to explain this is just my opinion. I’m not saying my word is law.

Nice little word play. I guess I should change that to, “Cartoons are things that air on tv…” that would make it more understandable…

(Xάος) #376

A television show (often simply TV show) is any content produced for broadcast via over-the-air, satellite, cable, or internet and typically viewed on a television set, excluding breaking news, advertisements, or trailers which are typically placed between shows.

:man_shrugging:

You are soooo wrong man. Believe me :smile:

btw I agree with this statement. Honestly. Although @Huseyin_Altun thinks anime is tavuk dürüm döner :smile:

(Umur) #377

Again… In my eyes, animes are not really tv shows.

Oh you’re talking about sketching every scene before handing in to the animators? Come on… That’s not directing. Not really.

I might be exaggerating when saying they don’t do much but I wouldn’t consider them as “real directors”… Sorry.

Btw, this is coming out from a guy who’s making his first movie which is animated for the most of its time and I’m also the so-called director of it. So I don’t think I’m wrong cause I’m doing what those guys are doing and it’s not directing. Not really. At least it doesn’t feel like it.

(anon17803553) #378

Voice performance important to, like acting. But yeah, we can’t say actors. I agree about that.

No? Every animation director making scene design or whatever name is it, like “real directors”

(Xάος) #379

Oh,okay. I thought we were discussing what is tv show and what is not, and because we don’t have a concrete info, we are sharing our own opinions. So when I found a definition I wanted to share.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-role-of-a-director-in-an-anime (you should primarily check this one I guess)
https://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/anime-production-detailed-guide-to-how-anime-is-made-and-the-talent-behind-it/
In my understanding, directing anime is like directing live action movies, but in anime you can change characters, add scenes, add reactions etc. so their jobs are more extended compared to movie directors. Thinking like this, we can not say “anime directors are not real directors” but I am not very knowledgeable in this topic and It’s your personal opinion so I won’t push any harder :smile: Nice conversation by the way, 'd love to discuss with you in an area that I am knowledgable about :smile:

(Haydi gel (ayran) içelim.) #380

İt’s midnight, please don’t make me hungry.

(Gazi Audomarus Fridia DCLXVI PFVV Pipinpadaloxicopolis the First) #381

Dude, that phrase just gave me cancer.

Avatar: The Last Airbender, Steven Universe, Doctor Who these are probably my holy trinity. There are many other TV series that may or may not be great as this ones, but none of them are equally special in my eyes.

(Berk Kaynak) #382

Your chemotherapy treatment will be supported by me.

(falanfilan) #383

It’s okey to watch cartoon.

(Malumatfuruş olmayan kimse) #384

I just woke up. Can’t feel my arm. Is it OK?

(Geek Velet) #385

Cartoon doesn’t mean Çizgi Film. Çizgi film çizim olan hareketli her TV serisini kapsar. Anime çizgi filmdir. Ancak anime bir cartoon değildir. :slightly_smiling_face:

(falanfilan) #386

Yeah its alright. Once i wasn’t even able to control my arm, i started to laugh i thought it was very funny but it’s not. If i couldn’t get my arm’s control back i will not be okey with that.

(Malumatfuruş olmayan kimse) #387

Yeah. I can barely control it for now. I need my arm :frowning: